I have noticed that the majority of large community wiki questions have rules for posting. However, they aren't standard rules. Can we establish some official rules for community wiki questions?
My set of rules would be something like this:
- Check to see if there are duplicates in this post by typing in the search box:
- Include only one
<fill in the blank>in each anwer.
- Include a description of the
<fill in the blank>, its pros/cons, and why you use it.
For apps, etc., I would also add these rules:
- Link to the developer's website, rather than a direct download page.
- Cite the application name like such:
#appName by [developer]
- Please do not give a price because that can localize your answer too much.
Another thing I would add is that unless your community wiki is a really helpful list, it will be closed.