I'd like to open a discussion on what we should make of the signature since it appears to mean several things if you look over the existing questions we have that currently use this tag.
The clear use cases for this word on an Apple centric site would be as follows (feel free to edit this as needed):
- email signatures in various Mail client applications for OS X and iOS.
- handwriting capture or simulation tools using touch, stylus, mouse, etc..
- Preview app (among others) being able to use a camera / scanner to digitize and overlay a signature
- Apps or services designed to digitally sign a document to verify in some manner that a traceable entity has "approved" a specific version of a document. (Digital Notary services for real estate and contract comes to mind)
- code signing and public key cryptography where a signature is used to certify and/or timestamp a certain entity and a specific file so that others can verify that signing event.
I'd like to see if we have enough consensus to improve the tag wiki and summaries for handwriting, signature, digital-signature, and code-signing as well as decide if we need additional tags to map out the "signature" space a bit on the site.