We have been getting some flags about older questions where there was a lot of interest, but over time the questions have not been maintained, updated, etc... Specifically these questions are general survey questions with lots of special rules and boilerplate about searching for duplicate answers, etc... I am not asking specifically about how people feel about community wiki - although many people associate that with these sorts of questions. I'd like to focus on questions similar to the ones below. (Feel free to edit my list or answer with specific site questions you'd like to keep and ones you have voted to close or would if you could)
- Which OS X Applications do you find indispensable?
- What tiny thing in Lion makes you smile or has caught you off guard?
- What tiny thing in iOS 5 makes you smile, or has caught you off guard?
- What iPhone apps can't you live without?
- Shortcuts & gestures you can't live without
- What OS X tweaks, hacks, or modifications couldn't you live without?
- Which are the OS X Dashboard Widgets you can't live without?
- Which command-line packages do you need?
- iOS Developer Tools & Utilities (must haves and nice to haves)
- Got any tips or tricks for Terminal in Mac OS X?
What are people's feelings about closing these when they are more than a year old unless the community votes to reopen them or a specific post here shows that enough people wish to keep that question open for more people to add answers? I am curious what the consensus is on keeping these open versus closing them and where/when the community would like to see that line.
Again the discussion is if we should in general close questions that are A) old and B) survey (where there are many correct answers or at least not the traditional objective measure where one or two answers cover one question)?