I reviewed the suggested edit of Lauri Ranta's answer today, but somehow got distracted, and honestly didn't even pay attention to the edit enough to give it justice. I have never had this happen before but absentmindedly clicked approve. As soon as I clicked "Approve" I realized my error.

Is there a way to reverse this type of "vote"?

I understand it's not a huge deal: first, because there are more people that vote to approve/reject it, and two, rollbacks are possible, but if there is a way, I would be interested in knowing how.


1 Answer 1


Yes - the edit history allows for this quite nicely.

Click the time link to the edited by community icon and then roll back to the version you would have liked to keep.

  • That is a good point. Thank you. By the way, I'm curious if you happen to know how many "votes" it takes for a non-mod to approve a suggested edit? I'm guessing two or three, but not sure. Commented Dec 14, 2012 at 19:47
  • It takes two @bassplayer7 - meta.apple.stackexchange.com/questions/1489/… and meta.stackexchange.com/questions/151536/it-takes-two-to-tango
    – bmike Mod
    Commented Dec 14, 2012 at 19:57
  • Interesting. Thank you. I was just about to ask if it took two of the same votes to make it live, but then saw your comment on my question. Makes sense. Commented Dec 14, 2012 at 20:15
  • The first action to gain 2 votes turns an edit suggestion into an approval or rejection.
    – bmike Mod
    Commented Dec 14, 2012 at 20:16

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .