I have an issue with my WiFi printer after upgrading my OS. I'm trying to understand/isolate (and ultimately resolve) the issue, however, I am not getting anywhere. The only question to post here that I can come up with, I myself would likely VtC as "Too Broad". But I am struggling with clarifying it.
Should I ask anyway, or consult a discussion forum instead?
Here's my situation:
- I use a Brother HL-2270DW printer which connects to the home WiFi.
- Previous to upgrading to OS X El Capitan on my 2009 MacBook, I had no issues using the printer.
- After upgrading the OS, the printer was gone from the list of available printers.
- The only way to add it to the list was specifying the IP address of the printer. Only then was it detected and correctly identified.
- But: I can only ever print once. On any subsequent job, the printer cannot be connected. I can delete it and add it again to the list and it will print - once.
- Adding the printer by inputting the IP address for every single document is too tedious for me.
However, as stated above, I do not know how to tackle this. And asking for trouble-shooting advice appears "too broad".