As most of us know, each year Apple hosts its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC). Typically, Apple launches the WWDC with a keynote address during which it introduces upcoming software and hardware.
This year the conference will be held in San Jose, California, from Monday 5 June until Friday 9 June.
Below is part of the invite Apple issued for the event:
My proposal is that we hold a live chat event right here using Ask Different Chat. The way I see this working is that we invite users to join us in chat as the WWDC announcements unfold.
- iOS 11
- macOS 10.13
- tvOS 11
- watchOS 4.
- Revised MacBook, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models
- A totally new Siri Smart Speaker (similar to Amazon Echo or Google Home)
- A new 10.5" iPad Pro.
- Let's have a live chat event and find out together! :)
Time of Keynote address
The Keynote address is scheduled for 10am on Monday 5 June (Pacific Time). This equates to:
- Adelaide - 2.30am, Tuesday 6 June
- Amsterdam - 7.00pm, Monday 5 June
- Auckland - 5.00am, Tuesday 6 June
- Beijing - 1.00am, Tuesday 6 June
- Berlin - 7.00pm, Monday 5 June
- Hong Kong - 1.00am, Tuesday 6 June
- Jerusalem - 8.00pm, Monday 5 June
- London - 6.00pm, Monday 5 June
- Moscow - 8.00pm, Monday 5 June
- New Delhi - 10.30pm, Monday 5 June
- New York - 1.00pm, Monday 5 June
- Paris - 7.00pm, Monday 5 June
- Perth - 1.00am, Tuesday 6 June
- Rio de Janeiro - 2.00pm, Monday 5 June
- Rome - 7.00pm, Monday 5 June
- Singapore - 1.00am, Tuesday 6 June
- Sydney - 3.00am, Tuesday 6 June
- Tokyo - 2.00am, Tuesday 6 June
You can also check your local timezone here.
So, for some of us (me included) it'll be a very late night or a very early morning!
To vote for or against this proposal, please upvote the appropriate answer below (i.e. you only need to upvote one answer - upvote 'yes' if we should do this, upvote 'no' if we should not).
Also, please feel free to offer comments in support of your vote.