We are talking about this question:
Jun 15, 2016— I asked the question how to schedule the Airplane Mode on my iPhone.
- Got answer mentioning it was not possible
- Marked it as correct
Sep 30, 2019— I updated my iOS version and discovered the Shortcuts app and set up two automations: to enable the Airplane Mode in the evening and to disable it in the morning.
- Posted an answer on my own question and marked it correct (unmarking the previous answer that was saying that was not possible)
The author of the other answer was not very happy and commented:
I got some upvotes and a downvote without any explanation... however their answer continues to get upvotes.
I am not sure if I am missing anything here, but I would like to know what I've done wrong.
- Should I have been telling the author to update their answer instead of me posting a new answer?
- Should I have been proposing an edit to the the answer by myself?
- What other options are there?