Elected moderator on Unix & Linux.
I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Linux Mint Debian Edition (basically Debian testing but more green) and, for the past few years, Arch.
My Linux expertise, such as it is, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 6 years, 5 months
0 profile views
Last seen Apr 14 at 14:59
- Unix & Linux♦ 197.6k 197.6k 5353 gold badges376376 silver badges570570 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 87.6k 87.6k 1515 gold badges178178 silver badges272272 bronze badges
- Super User 48.5k 48.5k 1212 gold badges109109 silver badges157157 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 20.4k 20.4k 55 gold badges4343 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 20.4k 20.4k 1515 gold badges7676 silver badges118118 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1188 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 874 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 646 Firing Community Managers: Stack Exchange is not interested in cooperating with the community, is it?
- 484 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 349 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 242 Is there a way to display a countdown or stopwatch timer in a terminal?
- 241 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- View more network posts →