Contact Info - Email
For business inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For anything: email@example.com or send me a message via Launchpad. Launchpad messages go to that email address, but messages through Launchpad may be a better way to get my attention if I'm not anticipating your message and we haven't talked before.
Contact Info - Chat
The Stack Exchange site I'm most active on (by far) is Ask Ubuntu, followed by Unix & Linux. I don't use SE's chat system as often as I used to, but if I chat anywhere on SE then I'll probably drop into the Ask Ubuntu General Room too. If you have enough rep to chat (20 network-wide), you can ping me there. If I've been there in the last three days then I'll be notified, though I may not see or reply immediately. To do this, include @EliahKagan in your message. Or feel free to invite me to another room.
I use some of the popular general-purpose chat systems:
- Google Talk (XMPP): firstname.lastname@example.org
(OTR key fingerprint:
143E7035 5162A84C 6A693241 EA34867F 0BE77792)
Sir Griswold of MacElwain#7549
(Feel free to add me as a friend even if we've never interacted. I'll probably accept the request. Then Discord will let you send me DMs even if we're not in any of the same servers.)
- Steam: EkWingburn / Sir Griswold of MacElwain
- Skype: eliah.kagan / Eliah Kagan
Feel free to IM me on any of those, but if you do and I don't reply, please don't assume I received your message.
"Canned comments" for use with the pro-format user script
I haven't maintained these in a few years. Some of them may not reflect changes that have been made to Stack Exchange's user interface or other factors (for example, we no longer think it's a good idea to bother people about their overall "accept rate," a metric the system no longer shows).
Also, I don't claim personal authorship of them. Many are derived from defaults or those shared here. Some are even identical to those.
- Ask Ubuntu 103.2k 103.2k 2525 gold badges285285 silver badges442442 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 6.2k 6.2k 22 gold badges2727 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 3.5k 3.5k 22 gold badges1818 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.6k 1.6k 33 gold badges2121 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- Information Security 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge99 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 398 How to modify an invalid '/etc/sudoers' file?
- 215 What is the loopback device and how do I use it?
- 203 How can you completely remove a package?
- 190 How do I re-run boot loader?
- 156 What is the loopback device and how do I use it?
- 150 What does "Ctrl + Alt + F12" do?
- 132 Why should users never use normal sudo to start graphical applications?
- View more network posts →