I built the first site for Tesla Motors, among others.
Things I'm good at: organizing and executing big web projects, PHP, HTML, CSS
Things I'm okay at: MySQL db admin, basic server setup to get a site launched (cron, permissions, ftp, svn, etc.)
Things I usually need help with: nitty-gritty server-level sysadmin stuff (linux, X11, compiling things)
Favorite StackExchange sites: stackoverflow.com, superuser.com, english.stackexchange.com, serverfault.com
I started doing online work in the mid-'80s (do you remember CompuServe, GEnie or AppleLink?) and then graduated to the Internet when it was invented. :-) Veteran of several Internet startups, including a couple of my own. I went to the launch party for WIRED magazine. I've also been on seven game shows.
Los Angeles, CA
Member for 10 years, 2 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jul 27 '12 at 0:46
- Stack Overflow 4.8k 4.8k 77 gold badges3333 silver badges6565 bronze badges
- Server Fault 987 987 22 gold badges1010 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Webmasters 847 847 66 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 809 809 22 gold badges1010 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Super User 675 675 11 gold badge88 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 159 How can I get browser to prompt to save password?
- 85 How does browser know when to prompt user to save password?
- 56 What is the benefit of forcing a site to load over SSL (HTTPS)?
- 36 How can I delete current session in Chrome?
- 25 Getting list of Facebook friends with latest API
- 23 How can I determine if it is cost-effective to move my site to cloud solution?
- 19 What is the Tacoma Narrows bridge doing in this picture?
- View more network posts →