“No, no help at all. C++ is our choice and that's that. If you try to port Objective-C you'll find you can't make it practical without our help — and that, you'll have none of. Objective-C is a dead end.”
— Apple executive, personal communication, 1989.
- Stack Overflow 32.2k 32.2k 3131 gold badges138138 silver badges311311 bronze badges
- Mathematica 12k 12k 22 gold badges4444 silver badges9090 bronze badges
- Ask Different 9.8k 9.8k 4949 gold badges111111 silver badges208208 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 9.2k 9.2k 1212 gold badges4545 silver badges106106 bronze badges
- Physics 4.4k 4.4k 33 gold badges2626 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 513 Can I force pip to reinstall the current version?
- 162 Why don't electrons crash into the nuclei they "orbit"?
- 122 Can I redefine a command to contain itself?
- 120 Are there other "fun" packages like the "coffee stains" package?
- 118 What rules does Pandas use to generate a view vs a copy?
- 94 What are the risks of running 'sudo pip'?
- 81 Latest 'pip' fails with "requires setuptools >= 0.8 for dist-info"
- View more network posts →