“No, no help at all. C++ is our choice and that's that. If you try to port Objective-C you'll find you can't make it practical without our help — and that, you'll have none of. Objective-C is a dead end.”
— Apple executive, personal communication, 1989.
- Stack Overflow 29.6k 29.6k 2525 gold badges125125 silver badges284284 bronze badges
- Mathematica 11.6k 11.6k 22 gold badges3939 silver badges8787 bronze badges
- Ask Different 9.3k 9.3k 4545 gold badges103103 silver badges201201 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 9k 9k 1212 gold badges4343 silver badges105105 bronze badges
- Physics 4.3k 4.3k 33 gold badges2424 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 455 Can I force pip to reinstall the current version?
- 155 Why don't electrons crash into the nuclei they "orbit"?
- 115 Can I redefine a command to contain itself?
- 115 Are there other "fun" packages like the "coffee stains" package?
- 98 What rules does Pandas use to generate a view vs a copy?
- 89 What are the risks of running 'sudo pip'?
- 81 Latest 'pip' fails with "requires setuptools >= 0.8 for dist-info"
- View more network posts →