“No, no help at all. C++ is our choice and that's that. If you try to port Objective-C you'll find you can't make it practical without our help — and that, you'll have none of. Objective-C is a dead end.”
— Apple executive, personal communication, 1989.
- Stack Overflow 35.4k 35.4k 3737 gold badges153153 silver badges341341 bronze badges
- Mathematica 12.3k 12.3k 33 gold badges4545 silver badges9393 bronze badges
- Ask Different 10.1k 10.1k 5555 gold badges119119 silver badges217217 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 9.7k 9.7k 1515 gold badges4848 silver badges111111 bronze badges
- Physics 4.6k 4.6k 33 gold badges2929 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 587 Can I force pip to reinstall the current version?
- 175 Why don't electrons crash into the nuclei they "orbit"?
- 141 Can I redefine a command to contain itself?
- 132 What rules does Pandas use to generate a view vs a copy?
- 123 Are there other "fun" packages like the "coffee stains" package?
- 101 What are the risks of running 'sudo pip'?
- 81 Latest 'pip' fails with "requires setuptools >= 0.8 for dist-info"
- View more network posts →