“No, no help at all. C++ is our choice and that's that. If you try to port Objective-C you'll find you can't make it practical without our help — and that, you'll have none of. Objective-C is a dead end.”
— Apple executive, personal communication, 1989.
- Stack Overflow 33.4k 33.4k 3232 gold badges143143 silver badges324324 bronze badges
- Mathematica 12.1k 12.1k 33 gold badges4444 silver badges9191 bronze badges
- Ask Different 10k 10k 5050 gold badges112112 silver badges211211 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 9.4k 9.4k 1212 gold badges4646 silver badges109109 bronze badges
- Physics 4.4k 4.4k 33 gold badges2727 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 545 Can I force pip to reinstall the current version?
- 166 Why don't electrons crash into the nuclei they "orbit"?
- 128 Can I redefine a command to contain itself?
- 122 Are there other "fun" packages like the "coffee stains" package?
- 120 What rules does Pandas use to generate a view vs a copy?
- 99 What are the risks of running 'sudo pip'?
- 81 Latest 'pip' fails with "requires setuptools >= 0.8 for dist-info"
- View more network posts →