I enjoy integrating systems to solve problems efficiently, making systems/solutions/processes faster, accomplishing things efficiently and fighting fires / aka solving problems. When not coding/developing/designing I can be found cycling, playing guitar or lacrosse, or training to do one of the three... unless I got lazy and am just relaxing on the couch playing a video game.
I've been developing professionally since I was in high school, including 3 years at IBM in Austin working on WMQ:LLM and a patent in managing a virtual machine. For the 10 years I worked at a top Proprietary Trading Firm in Chicago developing, supporting and extending our in-house trading platform.
I left to take a lower stress role with more latitude.
Day to day I main use: C/C++, Python, Bash/Fish, gnuMake, GIT and emacs, Docker on Linux and OSX.
I'm an emacs guy and I don't use vi/m, but I'm planning on finally learning it oddly enough. I can be the computer science equivalent of my father, a New Yorker from Brooklyn who after living 30+ years in Boston now roots for both the Yankees and Red Sox.
Lastly the answer is always 42.
Member for 6 years, 10 months
1 profile view
Last seen Apr 22 '14 at 21:05
Top network posts
- 93 Git - What is the difference between push.default "matching" and "simple"
- 47 Don't let me complete reviews while I'm banned from editing
- 26 How to list branches that contain an equivalent commit
- 22 Git: How to list commits on this branch but not from merged branches
- 16 C++: Mysteriously huge speedup from keeping one operand in a register
- 10 QTableView drag move rows
- 8 How do I get the value and type of the current exception in C++ using gdb?
- View more network posts →