Hi. I'm Geoff. Other kids used to babysit for petty cash.
I fixed Macs in dental offices.
From age 18-25, I was, by trade, an:
Apple Certified Tier 1 Tech Support Kid
Apple Support Professional (10.4 - 10.8)
Apple Certified Guy Who Can Actually Fix It
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (10.5 - 10.8)
Apple Certified Someone Who Knows Open Directory
Apple Certified System Administrator (10.5 - 10.6)
Apple Certified Screw Turner
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (rolling/ongoing)
But I burnt myself out on this stuff.
I've retired from consulting to retrain as a programmer.
Apparently, I enjoy sniping bounties on apple.stackexchange.com for fun in my spare tme.
San Francisco, CA
Member for 5 years, 10 months
23 profile views
Last seen Feb 17 at 11:57
- Ask Different 2.7k 2.7k 66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.1k 2.1k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- The Workplace 281 281 55 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 249 249 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 211 211 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 111 Is ‘int main;’ a valid C/C++ program?
- 27 How to extract contents from 'Payload' file in a apple macOS update package?
- 24 Bash script absolute path with OS X
- 18 How to convince HR to let my star employee work from home?
- 13 Clang optimization levels
- 11 Extract .xip files into a specific folder
- 8 read: Illegal option -s in shell scripting
- View more network posts →