Dan is Executive Director of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, which sustains and integrates open source technologies like Kubernetes and Prometheus. He also helped create the Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative as an industry-wide response to the security vulnerabilities demonstrated by Heartbleed.
He previously served as CTO of several startups, including Spreemo, a healthcare marketplace, and Shopbeam, a shoppable ads company. Earlier, he was a general partner at Skymoon Ventures, a seed-stage venture capital firm that created startups in semiconductors and telecom infrastructure.
Dan helped manage a number of telecoms firms controlled by Craig McCaw and started his career as founder and CEO of NetMarket, one of the first Internet companies. In 1994, he led the development of the first music store on the web, conducting the first secure commercial transaction after building the first web shopping cart. When not traveling, Dan lives in Manhattan with his wife and two sons.
- Stack Overflow 31.3k 31.3k 88 gold badges7878 silver badges100100 bronze badges
- Ask Different 1.2k 1.2k 22 gold badges99 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Code Review 827 827 55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Information Security 343 343 11 gold badge22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Web Applications 242 242 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 703 How to increase timeout for a single test case in mocha
- 465 Code coverage with Mocha
- 161 Node.js get image from web and encode with base64
- 157 How can I merge multiple commits onto another branch as a single squashed commit?
- 128 What's the difference between dependencies, devDependencies and peerDependencies in npm package.json file?
- 98 How do I use HTML as the view engine in Express?
- 83 How to test nodejs backend code with Karma (testacular)
- View more network posts →