- Mac user for around twenty-one years (1992–2014) with ZFS (Z-410 then ZEVO) towards the end
- AppleSeed programme member 405 in 2009, I departed after five years (horror at Apple's abandonment of some essentials of the OS X Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) – https://twitter.com/grahamperrin/status/622989646671310852)
- continuing with ZFS, I switched from Mac OS X to TrueOS Desktop then FreeBSD-CURRENT
- away from Safari, to Firefox then Waterfox – many of the extensions that I love, and use with Waterfox, have no suitable alternative for Firefox Quantum
- switched from iOS on a first generation iPhone, to Android on a Yotaphone 2, now using a less exotic but more powerful second-hand OnePlus 2
- vaguely thinking of Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids with parallel pairing capability (context)
- Light Phone and Janus One are appealing complements, but I should not expect such things to work with the swipe features that are associated with Unify Circuit.
University of Brighton. IT support and related activities for:
- CENTRIM, the Centre for Change, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management (formerly the Centre for Research in Innovation Management)
- Brighton Business School.
Some other interests
- Overcoming both tinnitus and the side-effects of tinnitus
- relaxation and meditation – within the constraints of tinnitus
- Ask Different 7.3k 7.3k 1414 gold badges7777 silver badges232232 bronze badges
- Super User 1.3k 1.3k 66 gold badges2626 silver badges6565 bronze badges
- Server Fault 615 615 11 gold badge1010 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 582 582 44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 532 532 11 gold badge1010 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 53 How can I figure out what's slowly eating my HD space?
- 36 Why are dot underscore ._ files created, and how can I avoid them?
- 30 Are OS X shutdown cause and sleep cause numbers listed/explained anywhere?
- 27 What tiny thing in Lion makes you smile or has caught you off guard?
- 25 For L2ARC and ZIL: is it better to have one large SSD for both, or two smaller SSDs?
- 21 Is JDK "upward" or "backward" compatible?
- 21 Why does the version of Java verified by Oracle differ from the version shown at the command line?
- View more network posts →
This user doesn’t have any gold badges yet.