- Mac user since December 1992, a pleasure for twenty-one years
- AppleSeed programme member 405 in 2009 – I departed after five years (displeasure around abandonment of some of the essentials within the OS X Human Interface Guidelines (HIG))
- switched from Apple Mac OS X to TrueOS Desktop, which uses the OpenZFS storage system and file system
- switched from iOS on a first generation iPhone, to Android on a Yotaphone 2
- planning to use Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids with parallel pairing capability (context)
- Light Phone and Janus One are appealing complements, but I should not expect such things to work with the swipe features that are associated with Unify Circuit.
IT support and related activities for:
- CENTRIM, the Centre for Research in Innovation Management (City campus – Edward Street building, five minutes' walk from the innovation quarter for Circus Street)
- Brighton Business School (Moulsecoomb campus and beyond).
Some other interests
- Overcoming both tinnitus and the side-effects of tinnitus
- relaxation and meditation – within the constraints of tinnitus
Top Network Posts
- 43 How can I figure out what's slowly eating my HD space?
- 27 What tiny thing in Lion makes you smile or has caught you off guard?
- 20 Why does the version of Java verified by Oracle differ from the version shown at the command line?
- 20 Are OS X shutdown cause and sleep cause numbers listed/explained anywhere?
- 20 For L2ARC and ZIL: is it better to have one large SSD for both, or two smaller SSDs?
- 19 Is JDK "upward" or "backward" compatible?
- 19 Access a ZFS volume in Windows?
- View more network posts →