- Mac user for around twenty-one years (1992–2014) with ZFS (Z-410 then ZEVO) towards the end
- AppleSeed programme member 405 in 2009, I departed after five years (horror at Apple's abandonment of some essentials of the OS X Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) – https://twitter.com/grahamperrin/status/622989646671310852)
- continuing with ZFS, I switched from Mac OS X to TrueOS Desktop then FreeBSD-CURRENT
- away from Safari, to Firefox then Waterfox – many of the extensions that I love, and use with Waterfox, have no suitable alternative for Firefox Quantum
- switched from iOS on a first generation iPhone, to Android on a Yotaphone 2, now using a less exotic but more powerful second-hand OnePlus 2
- vaguely thinking of Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids with parallel pairing capability (context)
- Light Phone and Janus One are appealing complements, but I should not expect such things to work with the swipe features that are associated with Unify Circuit.
University of Brighton. IT support and related activities for:
- CENTRIM, the Centre for Change, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management (formerly the Centre for Research in Innovation Management)
- Brighton Business School.
Some other interests
- Overcoming both tinnitus and the side-effects of tinnitus
- relaxation and meditation – within the constraints of tinnitus
- Ask Different 7k 7k 1313 gold badges7171 silver badges227227 bronze badges
- Super User 1.1k 1.1k 66 gold badges2323 silver badges6060 bronze badges
- Server Fault 585 585 11 gold badge66 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 582 582 44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 492 492 99 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 48 How can I figure out what's slowly eating my HD space?
- 32 Why are dot underscore ._ files created, and how can I avoid them?
- 28 Are OS X shutdown cause and sleep cause numbers listed/explained anywhere?
- 27 What tiny thing in Lion makes you smile or has caught you off guard?
- 24 For L2ARC and ZIL: is it better to have one large SSD for both, or two smaller SSDs?
- 21 Why does the version of Java verified by Oracle differ from the version shown at the command line?
- 20 Is JDK "upward" or "backward" compatible?
- View more network posts →